Q - What is your minimum delivery?
A - Our minimum order quantity for heating oil and blend is 50 gallons for the local delivery area. However to receive the best price per gallon, we recommend ordering at least 100 gallons.Q – Do you offer automatic delivery?
A – Yes. We offer automatic delivery of all of our fuel products.Q – Do you offer senior citizen discounts?
A – Yes. We offer a two cent per gallon discount to senior citizens. You must request this discount when you place your order.Q – Do you offer budget payment plans?
A – Yes. Our budget plan allows you to make a smaller monthly payment all year to cover your entire year of fuel usage. You must have enough money in your budget plan for the requested delivery or you will be responsible to pay the difference at the time of delivery.Q - How can I pay for my order?
A - For your convenience, we accept Cash, Check, as well as Visa, MasterCard and Discover credit/debit cards.Q - When will I receive my delivery?
A - Most deliveries are made in 1 to 2 days, but always by the 3rd business day after you place your order, under normal weather and operational conditions.Q- How can I find the current price of fuel?
A – You can call our 24 hour automated phone system and select option #1 to receive the 100 gallon price. You can contact our office at 866-672-5878 or 814-672-5878, or by emailing email@example.com
to obtain prices on lesser or higher quantities as the price will vary.Q – When will I be charged for my delivery?
A – If you use a credit or debit card, the card is charged when you place your order. If you order a "fill," your card will be authorized for your total tank capacity which places a hold on those funds. After your delivery has been completed, we will charge your card for the exact amount of fuel you received. If you are paying with cash or check, when you place your order you will need to make payment arrangements to pay at the time of the delivery.Q – Are there other Fees?
A - Our pricing schedule contains volume discounts, so larger deliveries receive lower prices. If your tank takes a smaller quantity than you ordered, your price per gallon may be higher. Applicable state sales tax will be charged, as appropriate.Q – If the price goes up before I receive my delivery, do I pay the higher price?
A – Once you place your order you are guaranteed the price you are quoted.Q - Can I get an emergency delivery?
A - Yes. If you are out of oil or almost out of oil you can request an "emergency delivery" when placing your order. An additional charge of $25.00 applies for this service.Q - I am out of oil and have no heat. What can I do?
A - Please read this section carefully to keep your family safe and secure:
- Make sure that all doors, windows and other openings are securely closed to retain as much heat as possible until your heating oil delivery is made.
- If you have a supplemental source of heat (wood stove, fireplace, space heater, etc.) you can use that to maintain the heat in your home. Be sure to operate these appliances safely and in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.
- Make sure you are actually out of oil as your no-heat situation could be due to another problem. For example, it is possible that there is a blockage somewhere in your fuel line between your tank and your oil burner. In systems that are not regularly maintained, it is common for a blockage to occur in the filter, the strainer or the nozzle. Other problems can also occur that will cause your oil burner to operate improperly. If you have oil, but are not getting heat, you will want to have your oil burner serviced.
- Place an order for delivery ASAP and request emergency delivery service (an additional charge of $25.00 applies for this service).
- If you are out of oil, you can add kerosene or diesel fuel to your heating oil tank until your heating oil delivery arrives. Either kerosene or diesel fuel can be purchased at many local gas stations. While these fuels are more expensive than heating oil, both will burn safely in your heating oil burner. Usually 5 or 10 gallons will last for a day or two, depending upon the temperature and the size of your home.
Q: How many times can I push the reset button on my oil burner?
A: Only once. If the unit does not start on the first try, pushing the reset multiple times will only add more fuel to the combustion chamber, which can damage your heating equipment.Q - What is a "Prime & Start"?
A - If you have run out of oil, you likely need a Prime & Start to get the air out of your fuel line so that your burner can re-light. Our delivery drivers are able to perform a "Prime & Start" at the time of your delivery for an additional fee of $25.00. The driver will need access to your oil tank and heating system.Q - Do I need to be home when my delivery is made?
A - Not usually, as long as the driver has ready access to the fill of your fuel tank. If you have a basement or other inside tank we will make this arrangement when you setup your account.Q - What if my tank will not take all the gallons I ordered?
A - No problem. Your credit or debit card will automatically be credited for any gallons you do not receive. If you pay by check or cash on delivery the driver will inform you that you did not hold the amount you ordered and you will only be charged for the gallons you received. You only pay for the number of gallons you actually receive.Q - Why did I not receive all the gallons I ordered?
A - Normally this is because your tank could not hold all the gallons you ordered. All heating oil tanks have a "usable capacity" which is less than the actual capacity. For example a 275 gallon tank has a usable capacity of about 256 gallons. The remaining space is required during the filling process to avoid accidental spills as well as allowing for expansion of the fuel as it warms. During the filling process, the driver listens to your "fill alarm" which tells the driver when your tank is filled to its usable capacity. For safety and to avoid environmental contamination, your driver must stop pumping oil when the vent alarm indicates your tank to be full.Q - How do I know my credit card data and my personal data are secure?
A - We maintain PCI compliance, which is the credit card industries ongoing evaluation and acceptance of our credit card processing standards. Our data entry process is done using secure servers and all data is stored encrypted for your security. No credit card data is stored on our computers or in our database. All credit card information is passed to the credit card processors, via our credit card gateway, which is the standard for credit card security.Q - What does "normal weather and operational conditions" mean?
A - It is unusual for us to experience abnormal weather and operational conditions and when they occur we will alert you on the site prior to placing your order, as soon as we become aware of such conditions.
Normal weather refers to typical weather conditions expected for that time of the year. Unusual weather conditions that could cause delivery delays can include:
- Inability for trucks to enter driveways or parking lots, typically due to snow and ice.
- Poor road conditions caused by rain, snow, wind, ice, sleet, etc.
- Weather conditions that slow deliveries such as snow, ice, wind, and temperatures.
- Below average winter temperatures over several days which may occasionally cause an unusual increase in demand in a short period of time.
Normal operational conditions refer to the typical availability of supplies and equipment required to respond to a normal number of deliveries. Unusual operations conditions that could cause a delivery delays can include:
- Limited availability of fuel, or other supplies, that could be caused by circumstances such as terminal closures or restricted access, unavailability of fuel at terminals, other situations that cause delays in securing fuel or other supplies.
- Mechanical breakdowns or malfunctions that limit the ability for a company to perform their normal functions.
- Labor actions, such as work stoppages, work slowdowns or strikes that negatively impact the ability for a company to conduct their normal business activity.